When you take a sip of a delicious glass of juice it can make you feel as if the world has stood still for a moment. At least that is how it feels for me. My father introduced me to juicing when I was kid and it was something I became fond of, until he started mixing greens into my juice. I sometimes couldn’t stand all the concoctions of strong fruits and veggies (example: ginger, beet, kale, grapefruit mixed in with apples, berries and bananas) because all I wanted was apple or orange juice. As I got older I started to realize how important all of those nutrients were and how beneficial those fruits and vegetables are for the body.
What we put into our bodies is just as important if not more than what we put topically onto our bodies. In my opinion juicing is a great way to get the nutrients not only your body needs but your skin needs too. I recently invested in a Ninja Bullet not too long ago and I am having a blast making different recipes for masks to treat my skin and for juicing and I must say I have noticed a significant difference. I have also been eating a much healthier diet and what I have learned is in order to achieve amazing skin you have to take into account the internal and external factors to get the results you want.
Listed Below are 10 of the best veggies and fruits to juice for your skin
1. Carrots are a powerhouse of antioxidants, vitamins and minerals.
2. Beets are one of the most effective cleansing vegetables available for your liver, and beet juice is even said to help regenerate damaged liver cells. In the long run, anyone looking for how to get perfect skin cannot ignore the importance of the liver. Drinking fresh beet juice mixed with other vegetable juices regularly is one of the simplest ways to heal this vital organ.
3. Celery juice is highly cleansing, alkalizing and detoxifying to your body. It is especially rich in silica, a trace mineral needed for beautiful skin and healthy hair and nails.
4. Kale is one of the most powerful vegetables around and definitely benefits your skin with its high levels of vitamins, minerals and phytonutrients.
5. Cucumber is an extremely hydrating, cooling and alkalizing vegetable for eliminating toxins. It is high in silica and other beneficial trace minerals for reducing inflammation and improving the softness of your skin and the strength of your hair and nails.
6. Pineapples are a sweet and delicious source of antioxidants like vitamin C for better skin. It’s important to juice pineapples with their cores as this part contains the enzyme bromelain which helps breakdown undigested proteins – a potential source of liver stress and skin problems.
7. Tomatoes are classed as a fruit and their juice is rich in the skin protecting antioxidant lycopene. Also highly beneficial for your heart, tomato juice is especially good to have before going out in the sun for long periods as it helps protect your skin from UV damage.
8. Papaya juice ( as I mentioned in my last blog ) is a tropical tasting shot of vitamin C, vitamin E, lycopene, beta-carotene and various minerals and micronutrients. Papayas also contain a similar digestive enzyme to pineapples called papain that assists in breaking down inflammatory foreign proteins. Highly recommended for soft and beautiful skin.
9. Lemon juice has many health benefits, including assisting digestion, detoxification and elimination, providing alkalizing minerals and antioxidant vitamin C and helping your liver to produce more bile to digest fats.
10. Apple is actually an extremely healthy fruit, high in antioxidant flavonoids like quercetin, kaempferol and myricetin.
These fruits and vegetables are not only beneficial for your skin’s appearance, but they also reduce the risk of skin cancer.