Trashion Show & Jeans For Greens!

January 26, 2013
By

Earlier this year (last year) I participated in the Aveda Trashion Show. Every year Cinta Aveda throws a fashion show / competition to help raise money for the Clean Water Fund. The outfits are made completely out of recycled materials, and hair and makeup done in that extravagant hair show way.

Trashion Show Model

At our school, we helped raise money by doing what we called Jeans for Greens. At school we have a dress code of all black. But, for several months leading up to the Trashion Show, we were permitted to wear jeans on Fridays and Saturdays if we donated five dollars to the Clean Water Fund ourselves. We exceeded our goal! Although the Trashion Show is a runway competition for professional salons, as a school, we got to participate in the fashion show, but not in the competition. The clothes we made (mostly dresses of some sort) were primarily made from newspaper, coffee filters and rope made from braided newspaper. I worked on three models, two of which had short hair. The two with short hair I did a curling iron set on and sprayed them up with some Control Force, into a sort of wave effect. The long-haired model I added some green extensions to her vibrant red hair. I french-braided her hairline across the front and teased it up to give it some flare. The back I took into a french twist. The green tails of the extension I left out and sprayed up into a nice fan on the side of the twist. Voilà!

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

One Response to Trashion Show & Jeans For Greens!

1. Shirin Hashem
    January 30, 2014 at 11:53 pm

Hello!

I wanted to share information with you regarding an editorial photo shoot we are having for iGreen Woman magazine. The shoot is at the Fairmont Hotel on February 1st from 8am to 5pm. We want talented Cinta Aveda Institute to participate on this shoot by doing Hair and Makeup for the models. We will give free advertisement coverage for Aveda on the upcoming Spring issue of the magazine. We will also give credits to Aveda talent on the editorial pages as well.

We would like 1-3 Makeup and hair artists for 4-5 hours or even shorter time, and provide them with any essentials they need. This will be a fun and laid back photoshoot. Please let me know if you will give us your partnership. I look forward to hearing from you!

Thank You!